Friday, April 16, 2010

Anticipating Your Parents' Objections

Dear Mom and Dad:
How are you? I am doing fine here. I feel I become more independent now, so you don't have to worry so much about me. I know you do not say that often, but you worry about me all the time. You know that I have been living with home stay family for six months. However, I want to move out and live with my friend in an apartment near school. You have several concerns that I should stay with my host until I come back home. As a concern parents you are, you worry about my safety. It is true that living with American family is safer than living in an apartment. However, my apartment is located in nice neighborhood and near my university's police office. Furthermore, you worry about inconvenience that my new apartment does not have furniture. But I can buy some used furniture with cheap price. Besides that, some of my friends finished their degrees and they want to come back to their home country. Therefore, they promise to give me their used furniture for free. In addition, you also state that living with my home stay, I have a chance to practice speaking English all days. It is the truth that everyone will agree. When I talk with my hosts, they help me improve my English. However, my hosts and I have different schedules, so we usually talk with each other at the weekend. Perhaps the answer is I will visit them frequently at the weekend after I move out. I appreciate all your valuable advises, but whether you could consider this matter once again. Thank you for your understanding.
Love you,
Your daughter

I read Vivian and Sherry's posts.

2 comments:

  1. I support you ^^ MOVE OUT !!! Send it to them^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are going to move out this weekend right?

    ReplyDelete